Header top Ads

how many types of tenses are there in English grammar #2019-11-17





There are three main verb tenses in English: present, past and future. The present, past and future tenses are divided into four aspects: the simple, progressive, perfect and perfect progressive. There are 12 major verb tenses that English learners should know.

Tense Example
Simple Present I play basketball every week.
Present Progressive I’m playing basketball now.
Simple Past I played basketball yesterday.
Past Progressive I was playing basketball the whole evening.
Present Perfect I have just played basketball.
Present Perfect Progressive I have been playing basketball for 3 hours.
Past Perfect I had played basketball before mary came.
Past Perfect Progressive I had been playing basketball when Mary came.
Future – will I will play basketball next week.
Future – going to I’m going to play basketball this afternoon.
Future Progressive I will be playing basketball next Sunday.
Future Perfect I will have played basketball by tomorrow.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.